This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NPM collecting IPv6 snmp info and inserting into DB

I recently attended a Solarwinds class and the instructor thought that the latest Solarwinds NPM version is collecting IPv6 info via SNMP and inserting into the DB.    I checked NPM 10.2 and there is no columns for IPv6 in the Interface tables.

I need to create reports that will collect the ipv6 bps on certain interfaces.  I realize that Ipv6 is in beta but wondering if interface ipv6 bps is being collected on devices and inserted into the database. 

• The nodes table has a column 'IP_Address_Type' which specifies the version. When you create reports ,you can select option "Advances SQL" and write a custom SQL query . Use Join in the SQL query to join Nodes and Interface table.

Example

select <data1>,<data2> from nodes N join interfaces I ON N.nodeid=I.nodeid where N.IP_Address_Type=IPV6

• Thanks for the response.   I do not see a 'IP_ADDRESS_TYPE' column in the nodes table.  Report Writer also does not see the column

• I understand that you have mentioned about 10.2 installed on your server. Could you confirm the same by logging into the GUI and at the bottom of the screen,it should show NPM10.2.Because I am also running 10.2 and it shows.