cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

NPM and SAM modules didnt upgrade to HF2

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I have SolarWinds tool with various modules. I could get all modules upgraded to HF2 to safeguard from the vulnerability but NPM and SAM are not showing they are updated to HF2 even after i installed. I'm trying using all offline installers because right after the vulnerability i have disabled internet on the servers. Please see the screenshot below. Can someone help me what are the reasons for it not showing latest version HF2? What can be done to it.NPM and SAM.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 16

Individual products will have their own hotfix versions that may not match the Orion Platform HF version.  What matters is the “bookends” of the web console footer.  It will include the Orion Platform HF version on the left and the product version on the right.

neomatrix1217_0-1608230755574.png

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos
Level 16

Individual products will have their own hotfix versions that may not match the Orion Platform HF version.  What matters is the “bookends” of the web console footer.  It will include the Orion Platform HF version on the left and the product version on the right.

neomatrix1217_0-1608230755574.png

View solution in original post

Thanks for your response, here are my SAM and NPM versions. Are they good from the security vulnerability remediation.
WPM: 2020.2.2 | Orion Platform HF2, NCM HF2, DPAIM, NPM, VMAN HF2, SAM HF1, NTA HF2: 2020.2.1

0 Kudos

We can see that the Orion Platform is on HF2. So you're good !

You can also check directly on Windows by going to Control Panel > Programs and Features  > View Installed Updates*. it should be something like this : 

Orion.png

The important thing to look at is the SolarWinds Orion Core Services.

Hope this helps !

*Procedure found on SolarWinds support page : https://support.solarwinds.com/SuccessCenter/s/article/Verify-hotfixes-that-have-been-installed?lang... 

So, I see HotFix2 applied if I RDP to Orion Core and check under Programs and Features. But if I run sql query on [dbo].[OrionServers], it's still showing hotfix1. Any way to have the database catch up with the reality?

0 Kudos

@rinat.kirimov interesting,

same thing happen when I ran the same query : Select TOP 1000 * FROM [dbo].[OrionServers]

This is the output on the column "Details" :

<...> 2020.2.1.838 [{"HotfixVersionNumber":1,"Name":"Orion Platform","ShortName":"Orion","Version":"2020.2.1"}, <...>

Don't know why we don't see the HF2...  I think this is worthy to start a new thread with this question

0 Kudos

What appears in the footer of your Orion website? That will tell you what hotfixes are applied. The SQL query result you posted does not show any information about hotfixes. Only the full version installed. In your case, 2020.2.1.

aLTeReGo_0-1608559314283.png

The '.1' at the end is not a hotfix version. That's part of the full version and denotes a service release. In the footer, you will see hotfixes denoted by the letters 'HF' in front of them.

0 Kudos

The footer was showing hotfix2 but in the query it was hotfix1. Not surprisingly, re-running configuration wizard on Orion Core updated the database to the correct hotfix version. So, that was simple enough of a fix.