cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

NPM and Cisco WAAS

Hey All,

Was wondering if Cisco's WAAS is/could be on the roadmap for being supported by Solarwinds??

Have roughly 15 of these devices in our network and would love to have the pretty stats in solarwinds for reporting and such.

Thanks

Michael

30 Replies

Gotcha, I met with Eric today and got his input and passed it on to Chris, the NTA PM.  Regarding NPM for WAAS what stuff could you or do you pull via UnDP today?

0 Kudos

Are there any new developments in regards to NPM for Cisco WAAS ?

0 Kudos

This is something we are now currently very interested in.

Is this even a distant roapmap item?

Dave.

0 Kudos

PM Team,

I am currently on a project where the Customer is rolling out the Cisco WAAS Devices (200+) and I wanted to know what out of the box support is there. I am also reviewing the use of NCM against these same systems. Any feedback  would be appreciated.

Derik

0 Kudos

All,

Thanks for your input about WAAS.

Not on the product plan but we are recording your voices (97948).

We have looked into this in the past, and at the time, SNMP support for WAAS was questionable.

This document indicates that SNMP support is good, but does anybody know about the real-life implementation of the agent?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/v421/monitoring/guide/MG_SNMP.pdf

Having some walks would definitely help us.

0 Kudos

I would also like to see this natively supported in future versions of NPM.  I have attached an snmp walk from one of our WAE-674-K9.  You will need to rename the file extension from .cs to .csv since I couldn't attach a .csv file.

0 Kudos

Product Team,

Any word on being able to support the Cisco WAAS Platform across the various Orion Products (NPM, NTA via API, NCM, etc..)? member Harrijs was nice enough to upload a MIB walk as requested. Also, the issue raised by RoutingGeek on the Memory being incorrectly reported in NPM, has that been resolved as of yet?

Derik

0 Kudos

Harrijs, Derik,

Thanks for the input (and the walk, Harrijs).

WAAS is not on the roadmap, because we don't see enough traction yet (growing though).

The enhancement is opened (97948).

At this time, creating UnDP pollers for the interesting OIDs is the only way.

Talking about interesting OIDs, we have heard that the optimization data (the most important, traffic before vs. after optimization,  is actually not in SNMP but available through XML only).

0 Kudos

Francois,

Thanks for the response on the SNMP Support for WAAS, it might be possible for me to get you a MIB walk for this device. I would also like to know how NTA works with the WAAS platform as well. We have been trying for a couple of days to get Netflow to show up in Orion NTA, with little success... Any assistance would be appreciated.

Derik

0 Kudos

"I would also like to know how NTA works with the WAAS platform as well. We have been trying for a couple of days to get Netflow to show up in Orion NTA, with little success... Any assistance would be appreciated."

We also have this need here. SWI needs to implement on NTA the WAAS flow collection; a lot of sulutions are doing that already.