This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NPM & SAM licensed elements

I have doubts about this question's answer.
How many licensed elements do you have with an NPM SL500 and a SAM AL700 license?

I had seen the answer  Npm1500, sam2100. But When I checked the doc says NPM SL500 = 500 nodes, 500 interfaces, 500 volumes (1500 elements in total) but SAM AL700 = 700 component monitors, nodes, or volumes, whichever is higher.

So, Answer is Npm1500, sam700. is it the correct answer?
  • So the old SAM component-based licensing would work this way see below for your example and the scenario taken from this KB article further down also remember that SolarWinds no longer sells component-based licensing it is now node-based.

1200 Nodes  =  (NPM 500 +SAM 700)

1200 Volumes = volumes (the number of volumes matches the node count)

500 Interfaces =  interfaces monitored with SNMP

700 Components 

https://support.solarwinds.com/SuccessCenter/s/article/SAM-Licensing-FAQs

How does a SAM license relate to other Orion Platform product licenses?
    Your  license interacts additively with other SolarWinds licenses. For example, if you have NPM SL500 (500 nodes and 500 volumes) installed with SAM AL150 (a component-based license), you can monitor:

• 650 nodes (500 NPM nodes + 150 SAM nodes)
    • 650 volumes (the number of volumes matches the node count)
    • 500 interfaces monitored with SNMP
    • 150 component monitors
  • Thank you for giving perfect information.