This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NPM V10 Glitch?

FormerMember
FormerMember

I was adding some new nodes today and ran across a problem I had not seen before.  The new device is a Cisco 4506 L3 switch.  The device has about 160 interfaces.  I tried to add the node using the add node function of the web interface.  After building the resource list, I selected the 6 or so interfaces that I wanted to monitor and clicked submit. 

The bottom left hand corner of the web pages displays  "Errors on Page" and the device is not added to the list of monitored devices, and I was not advanced to the next page.  I tried several times with the same results.  I went into the old System Manager application and I was able to add the device and interfaces that way.

I hadn't seen this problem before v10 and have about seven 4506 switches with similar port counts in production since the v9 family.

Rick

• If you double clicked on the error in the lower left hand corner of the page, what was the error you were seeing?  What browser and browser version?

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to bshopp

I was using IE 7 and I don't know what the error was.  Since the node is already created, I can't replicate the creation process and error conditions.  I will be adding several mode similar devices next month.  If the error happens again, I will record the information.

Rick