cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 12

NPM Traps - "Add an action" Can I send to email?

Jump to solution

I'm starting to dig into the GUI version of trap manager and need to be able to send an email when the conditions of my rule are met.

How do I achieve this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Following up: Ahh, now I see.

The trick was not to pick any of the defualt action options and just ignore those. Then I had to tick the box "Send a Log Rule Fired event to Orion Alerting' which opened up yet another tick box.

Ticking that second box then creates the rule with whatever name you give it but you also need to go and edit that alert to do whatever in the alert manager.

Yup - all so obvious 😄

Again, my thanks Marc.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

It's a little indirect, first you make a rule in log analyzer to match your event, and one of the actions available to you is to create an Orion alert when this rule is met, then that takes you to the normal Orion alert UI where you would set up the alert action to send an email.

- Marc Netterfield, Github
Following up: Ahh, now I see.

The trick was not to pick any of the defualt action options and just ignore those. Then I had to tick the box "Send a Log Rule Fired event to Orion Alerting' which opened up yet another tick box.

Ticking that second box then creates the rule with whatever name you give it but you also need to go and edit that alert to do whatever in the alert manager.

Yup - all so obvious 😄

Again, my thanks Marc.

View solution in original post

Thanks Marc - I'll give that a go next week as I've been "distracted" by a coilleague needing something a little more urgent.

0 Kudos