This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NPM Topology Question

I am having some real difficulty with NPM topology.  I have been looking into this for several days now and I recently ran a SWIS query in Orion to check if data was available so that a connection could even be made.  What I see is the interfaces listed that I am interested in but there is also a node Called a 'ShadowNode'  the node ID for that Shadow node doesn't exist any longer in our Orion environment and I'm curious if any one else has seen the ShadowNode before and if its anything to be concerned with Or is there a way to even get rid of it?  I'm thinking if I can resolve the shadow node issue some of my difficulty with the Topology will go away as well on the next discovery.....

Shadow Nodes.png

• Orion.ShadowNodes is one of the entity values in the table: TopologyEntities.

This refers to a not managed entity (that is why it does not have a nodeID). 

ShadowNode is automatically added as a point of connection concentration (e.i.switch).