cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

NPM SLX 9.5 SP1

Just did the SP1 and now all my SNMP polling has stopped and dosn't seem to want to work at the moment...  Performing a reboot and will let you know the results but, just as a heads up the service pack posted must not have finished gracefully in my environment!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
23 Replies
Level 9

Reboot seems to fix the SNMP Polling issue...  I'll keep an eye on it to make sure it stays working!

0 Kudos

Thanks for letting us know.  If you don't mind calling support so that we could get diagnostics from you to analyze why the service didn't start back up, then perhaps future SPs won't have the same issue.

Please reference this Thwack thread when you call support so that they know I want to see the diagnostics.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Karlo,

Do you have an email or instructions for doing this?  I don't have time to sit on the phone with support today.  If I can grab pieces throughout the day I could probably compile anything you need!

0 Kudos

To open a support ticket.

https://forms.netsuite.com/app/site/crm/externalcasepage.nl?compid=638609&formid=12&h=3d0552f20b2e9bd6580b

Start-->Programs-->SolarWinds Orion-->Documentation and Support-->Orion Diagnostics.

Then upload at solarwinds.leapfile.com

email address is support@solarwinds.net

0 Kudos

Steps for creating the diagnostics file and for uploading to Leapfile can be found in the Frequently Asked Questions section.

0 Kudos

Thanks guys, I had a break and created a ticket for you Case #99731 and uploaded the files to leapfile.com. 

0 Kudos

I also installed the SP1 update. It fixed the issues I was having with the maps showing nodes and other maps unavailable. w00t!

0 Kudos

Ran into the same issue, it stopped polling sometime between 5PM and 9AM this morning and is backed up 26,000 SNMP polls +.  I ran the diagnostics again and asked them to add it to the ticket.

0 Kudos

The other odd issue is that I could have sworn before this Service Pack that it knew it was on Windows 2008 if you look on the webpage under polling status, since the update, it thinks it's on some version of Windows NT... 

0 Kudos

Is there a way to revert back off SP1?  It just crashed again an hour after restarting the services. 

0 Kudos

Can you generate Diagnostics and upload those to support so we can look at see what is going on.

0 Kudos

Already did that this morning.  I had to reboot to get the thing running again and it crashed an hour later...  I rebooted again and now it's doing a complete baseline...  If it crashes again I will run another diagnostic...  In the one I uploaded this morning, the crash I think was around 4:30/5:00 judging from when the Charting stopped with statistics.

0 Kudos

Support just sent me an email and asked me to revert back via a repair of NPM SLX.  I'm going to let it run and see if it will blip after it's third reboot, if it does I will run diagnostics before a restart and revert. 

0 Kudos

I have another good one for you...  Every time the website refreshes, it marks the OS the poller is running on differently.  It's running on a Windows 2008 server...  See below:

Polling Engine Status

Last Database Upadate   Now

Polling Engine on  
IP Address
Last Database Sync 240 minutes, 1 second ago
Network Elements 439 Nodes, 554 Interfaces, 346 Volumes, 1339 Total Elements
Running Since 6/11/2009 10:13:38 AM
Polling Completion 99.36%
Operating System Windows 2000 Server
Service Pack 1.0
Package

Orion NPM v9 SLX

Same Package Instance, Refreshed On It's Own 2 Minutes Later...

Polling Engine Status

Last Database Upadate   1 second ago

Polling Engine on  
IP Address
Last Database Sync 240 minutes, 1 second ago
Polling Completion 99.41%
Operating System Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 Standard
Service Pack Service Pack 1
Package

Orion NPM v9 SLX

The next refresh...

Polling Engine Status

Last Database Upadate   4 seconds ago

Polling Engine on  
IP Address
Last Database Sync 240 minutes, 0 seconds ago
Polling Completion 99.41%
Operating System Microsoft Windows NT 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1
Service Pack Service Pack 1
Package Orion NPM v9 SLX

0 Kudos

It *Just* choked again so I'm uploading the debug for you now.   The SNMP polling is now dead in the water...  The ICMP will work till the end of time.

Orion Network Performance Monitor Version 9.5.0
NetPerfMon Engine 
Network Node Elements 439
Interface Elements 554
Volume Elements 346
Date Time 6/11/2009 11:15:33 AM
Paused False
Max Outstanding Polls 900
Status Pollers 
ICMP Status Polling Index 1339 out of 1339
SNMP Status Polling Index 1339 out of 1339
ICMP Polls per second 0
SNMP Polls per second 8
Max Status Polls Per Second 30
Packet Queues 
DNS Outstanding 4
ICMP Outstanding 60
SNMP Outstanding 861
Statistics Pollers 
ICMP Statistic Polling Index 555 out of 2136
SNMP Statistic Polling Index 2136 out of 2136
ICMP Polls per second 30
SNMP Polls per second 0
Max Statistic Polls Per Second 30

0 Kudos

horric29,

Haven't heard back on this thread, did Support get you all fixed up?

0 Kudos

I managed to complete this on my own. Didn't hear anything from support.

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

Glad you got back online, sorry you did not hear anything.  We are working on addressing the issue where the netperfmon service does not stop in a timely fashion

0 Kudos

Wish you guys would work on the issue of support's communication with customers.

Peter

0 Kudos

My ticket is out there but, it's still not resolved.

0 Kudos