This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NPM Report - Polling intervals per interface

Hi - Is there a report\query I can run that will list every interface and it's polling interval.

We have the default set to 9mins with some of the key kit set to 1min which I want to keep but over time people have randomly set other things to 1min for troubleshooting but never changed them back so I'm looking for an easy way to list them all so I can change a lot of them back to 9mins

On version NPM 12.3 at the mo

Thanks,

Worto.

• If you don't want to run a custom SQL/SWQL report, you can create a report for Interfaces and add the Polling and Statistics Polling values. 

I've attached a quick and dirty report to this post you can play with. You can import it in Manage Reports.

1. Create a new report

2. Add a Custom Table

shuth_0-1596556918640.png

3. Change the selection method to report on Interfaces.

shuth_1-1596557014743.png

4. Add in the Full Name, Poll Interval, Statistics Collection fields. You can use other fields (Node-Caption, Interface-Caption, etc) but this will give you the rough info.

shuth_2-1596557068171.png

5. Under the Full Name, if you expand Advanced you can change the display settings to Details Page Link. This will make the name a link in the report to that interface.

shuth_3-1596557136386.png

6. Pick a sort method. E.g. Stats Collection ascending (lowest stats collection intervals first).

shuth_4-1596557194553.png

7. Submit and go through the rest of the report wizard to save it.

shuth_5-1596557250372.png

You can add some other tables to give counts, etc. as well.

shuth_7-1596557557973.png

• That's exactly what I was trying to do, thanks so much for such a quick and detailed reply!

cheers.