This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NPM Poller API

I notice that there is an SDK for database queries, but is there an SDK or API set for creating custom pollers that goes beyond what is possible inside the application GUI?

As an example, I can retrieve the currently available space on my NAS array, and I can retrieve the maximum space on my NAS array, but I cannot retrieve the currently available space on my NAS AND set the maximum value of the guage to the maximum space of the NAS. What I mean is, if I have a maximum of 5Gb storage and I am using 1Gb, I cannot show the gauge at 1Gb Used, and make the maximum possible value for the gauge 5Gb.

I can do it manually, but if someone were to install an extra drive the gauge would not update to reflect this. I cannot find a way to code up a poller beyond the drag and drop options of the Universal Device Poller Wizard.