This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NPM Charting

This issue has recently raised its head across several of our NPM instances and the inability to track historical data has become a nightmare.

Getting the "Data is not available" on multiple charts across the board, for instance "Network Latency & Packet Loss" never displays. The KB provided is not at all helpful as none of the options apply. Not exactly sure if this is related to a database issue or the Orion platform. Polling intervals are at their default and in some instances the NPM requirements set by Solarwinds are at their minimum for required CPU and memory. Some are above the requirements and display the same anomaly.

I've been told that the SA on one system has submitted a ticket on this but have not been able to verify yet, so haven't submitted one myself.  Tried the advice in KB => "After upgrade to NPM 10.4, node charts do not display on Node Details views", this however did not work.

• Hi Dave,

our support will be able to solve this problem. Feel free to ping me with a support ticket # so I can track that internally.

• Are you sure that the poller is actually collecting data from the end device?  If no data is available, you will receive the symptoms above.  You can check by doing an SNMP test on the node, or listing resources.  If either of these fail, its likely to be the problem for no data...

• Try to readd some resources in node details page. Check again the List resources page, make sure all config correctly. Use Wireshark to monitor you NIC card in Solarwind Server.

• Hi Dave,

at first I would try to change "Default zoom range" and "Sample interval" on the resource. If it does not bring the data into the chart then you should check if there are data in your database for those nodes.

Cheers,

Pavel

• Case #507937 has been submitted for historical chart data not available. I also got into our other system on the unclassified side that was displaying the same chart behavior and it is now fine and displaying normal. Seems to be an off an on kinda thing. CPU and memory load on the box is kind of high as well. CPU averaging 85% and memory is at 88% average. As far as the machine that this case was created against I don't have the CPU or memory data on that one since its in a closed area.

• Think we have narrowed this down the VM's security settings. This box being in a closed environment there are several security settings applied to it that we think may have broke it. Our plan now is to rebuild the VM and install NPM and see if it works, then we'll apply the security settings and see what breaks. As of now the job engine and snmp trap services are not able to run.