This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NPM: Audit Trail - missing

Hi,

We noticed a few days ago that our Audit Events stopped auditing events made by users, the only record that is audited is the user logging in/logging out, but not the user making changes in the system, we've checked all the checkboxes to be sure but still no positive results.

• Hello,

Did someone changes on the system?

Could you please try for example Add node or change something on the node (change custom properties) and look to message center to audit events.

If not trigger please create support ticket.

Thanks

• We've created a ticket already. But I was just trying my luck that someone has an easier solution. emoticons_happy.png

The one given me by the support team is something that will tinker our database, which I'm not that comfortable with tweaking. Since we are now in production.

• I logged a ticket (762765) and was given the following to try. Audit events from the last two days re-appeared. If it happens again, I'll check more closely if it is the Message Queueing Service.

Step #1
    - Stop all Orion Services and restart Message Queuing Service from Windows Service Console .

Step #2
    - From Control Panel > Programs and Feature >
    Select "SolarWinds Orion Core Services" and Repair
    ( Close the Configuration Wizard )
    - Now Repair " Solarwinds Orion Network Performance Monitor "
    (Close the Configuration Wizard )

Step #3
    Now open CMD
    Navigate to installed directory
    C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\ConfigurationWizard.exe /repairpackage
    Press Enter "Configuration Wizard " will appear . 
    Select all 3 Options (Database / Website / Services )

Complete the Configuration Wizard using default options (Yes / Next )
    Once Done leave the server running for 10 ~ 15  min and  try to reproduce the issue again .

Add some node in the system and check if the Audit Events  started Updating.

• We were experiencing the same issue.  The steps provided by stevewright solved it.

This also seems to have fixed a problem we were having with a node half-stuck in an Unmanaged state (showed as managed, but only Remanage was available, it was impossible to unmanage it).  After the services came back up, the problem node became fully managed again.

• Fixed an issue I had with the Universal Device Poller, but did not fix my Audit Trail.  I think something from Hotfix 2 is hosing my current.

• I was wondering if there was any update on this. I'm having the same issue with audits not showing up in our environment.

• Same here having the same issue on the latest Orion version.

• Just had the same issue. Found out after 6 days. Followed the fix posted by stevewright. New messages now appearing in the Audit Log again, but no historic data from the last 6 days.

• any solution suggested by vendor for this?

• :( same issue (but login/logout events are not audited either).

Unfortunately, package repair is the only option SW tech support can suggest.
    We performed the same "solution" a week ago (solving another bug). Instead of fixing codebase, they make customers repair SW every time any bug showed up...