This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NPM: Alert on time at CPU utilization?

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to figure out how I can set an NPM alert to trigger when a node is at 90% or greater CPU utilization for 10 minutes or longer. The first part is easy, but is it possible to add a time component and if so how?

Thanks,

Steve

• This image is from a slightly modified out of the box alert for high CPU usage. There is a check box at the bottom that will require that the condition exist for a certain amount of time before alerting.

High Utilization timer.JPG

Another method would be to add an escalation to the trigger action after 10 minutes.

• Murpr,

I don't see that as an option in my interface. I'm using NPM version 11.0.1. The rule interface I have on the solarwinds box itself doesn't show me any time options.

• I don't know that it is on all alerts. Like I said, this was from an out of the box alert titled "High CPU Utilization with Top 10 Processes" which I modified slightly. If you have that alert and don't have the time checkbox, maybe using the trigger action escalation is your best bet. At least with that you could delay any emails or pages that get generated.