cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcampbell
Level 9

NPM 9.5 SP3 not installing.

Jump to solution

The window runs... stops all services.... appears to copy some files and the window disappears.  No confirmation the process is done or failed.

NPM still shows SP2 as installed.

On investigation.  It looks like the patch does not recognize if you installed NPM do the D drive.  As it created a SolarWinds folder in the C drive.

Getting more and more disappointed in the level of QA since 9.5 release.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
bshopp
Level 21

Re: NPM 9.5 SP3 not installing.

Jump to solution

Have you seen  this post which may be what you are seeing to?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
bshopp
Level 21

Jump to solution

Regardless, please open a support case

0 Kudos
the_toilet
Level 12

Jump to solution

that is definitely the issue, you are seeing the command prompt do stuff and then exit without letting you see the error...  it is actually failing do to a service being missing...  jump to the suggested post (which is mind lol) and you will get the answer...

i should be able to clock up a few answers on this issue :-)  make up for all the questions i ask nornmally lol

0 Kudos
mcampbell
Level 9

Jump to solution

Already have a running case over various other issues within 9.5.

Tech got on our server and got the SP to install with the steps listed in the linked post above.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will resolve the numerous issues that are show stoppers.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

WHERE IS THE LINK TO FIX THIS V9.5 SP3  ??? We only got 1 out of 4 NPMs to upgrade..

0 Kudos
AllisonB
Level 10

Jump to solution

You should log into the support portal to download SP3.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

We have the SP3 patch, and the latest general release has SP3 rolled into it.  We got one to work out of 4 servers.... read the thread above... it's the upgrade from SP1 or 2 that is failing.... it is a path issue we believe.

0 Kudos
JTL
Level 7

Jump to solution

I think what they are staying is once the load fails then from DOS run

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\Installers\InformationService.msi

0 Kudos
bshopp
Level 21

Jump to solution

Juan, if you are still having issues upgrading, please contact support to help you out

0 Kudos