Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Highlighted
Level 9

NPM 12 Stack Data Ring error

Jump to solution

Anyone else experiencing this error with NPM 12? The power stack data displays fine, I just get this nasty error when I add the "Stack Data Ring":

Unable to construct the data ring diagram because the information required to show the diagram is missing or is not complete. Make sure the device is configured properly.

This is the case for every single stack we have.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: NPM 12 Stack Data Ring error

Jump to solution

Dan,

Just for giggles and to compare with what I've seen with "ghost" switches. Check how many switches are provisioned since I've seen that if there is a member provisioned but not in a "ready" state that it throws Solarwinds a curveball in data ring reporting. I'll post an update once I remove the "ghost" provisioned switches.

View solution in original post

38 Replies
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I just upgraded to NPM v12 and 2 of the 3 stacks are showing the same error as you are. I am looking thru the differences now to try and determine what they might be.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Awesome thanks man!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Listed as known issue for old IOS versions, but I haven't personally seen it and don't know exactly which IOS version are hit by it to determine if it applies to you.

Known Issues

Cisco Switch Stacks do not provide enough data for drawing stack rings

Issue: Some Cisco Switch Stack IOS versions do not provide enough information for drawing stack rings.

Work-around: Upgrade the IOS on the switch stack to the latest version or contact the vendor.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Running 4 Cisco (2 each stacked) 3850-12XS with 3.7.2 IOS. What is strange is one stack shows up, but the other doesn't.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I have a test stack of x4 3850's. I am going to upgrade the ios and see what happens... Stay tuned

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hey Dan, did the IOS update fix it without further remediation?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Unfortunately not, I've been in cisco prime training all day I will test first thing Monday .

0 Kudos
Level 9

Jump to solution

This doesn't seam to be an issue with the IOS.

I have 2 3850 stacks running the same IOS version on both.

The stack that only has 2 switches in it works no problem, but the stack with 8 switches will not pull the data correctly.

I was running NPM RC2, I am upgrading to the latest build now to see if it gets fixed.

Sorry for the late reply.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have dozens of stacks, from 2 to 8 switches.  They all report the data and power stack fine, and draw the power stack, but none of them draw the data stack ring.  Same message as above  Running a 3.6 ver

0 Kudos