cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Product Manager
Product Manager

Re: NPM 12.2 Upgrade Experience Feedback?

Jump to solution

What is your case number?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

Jump to solution

The main one right now is Case # 1291329 but if you could look at 1243657 as well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

Jump to solution

I resolved Case # 1291329

Alerting service was failing.  I stopped alert actions.  Cleared all alert instances, and the alerting service seems stable.  I have resumed alerts and it is still stable.

Apparently, something in the alerts table got corrupt when the config wizard ran.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

Where you able to do this with only the 12.2 installer or did you have to do interim steps before it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Glad I'm not the only one whose getting that pop up. Not earth-shattering but it's still annoying!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Jump to solution

Finally an all-in-one update installer!

My upgrade went relatively smooth. I had a little trouble with upgrading my additional poller because it kept timing out. The poller install package has a hard limit of 30 min to gather all the info from the main poller. I found that if you grab 'CoreInstaller.msi' and 'MIbs.msi' from C:\ProgramData\Solarwinds\Installers on the main poller and manually copy them to your additional poller you can cut a bunch of that 30 min window. Copy those files to your desktop. Then start the install on the additional poller. As soon as you start, you need to look for C:\Users\[your user]\AppData\Local\Temp\2\SWOrionSetup[datestamp]\subinstallers\CORE_2017.x\. (This directory won't be created until you start your install.) Immediately paste those files you copied over to your desktop into this directory and it'll shave off almost a gig of download (depending on the number of modules in your environment) and help keep you from timing out.

It's well worth the upgrade. I'm looking forward to future upgrades with the new all-in-one installer.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

The only feedback i have is that after the upgrade a number of thresholds for ASA hardware health seemed to be messed up (using Orion defaults). to stop the alerts i had to go in there and set custom thresholds. The values it populated were correct, just the thresholds were messed up.

But im loving the new ASA insight and ACL insight it has.

As far as upgrade process i enjoyed the new installer that they have for it. No longer needing to go through the upgrade adviser was nice. was able to update 4 products (NPM 12.2, NCM 7.7, SAM 6.4 HF 1, and NTA 4.2.3) all in under an hour. And there were no issues or errors with the actual install process. Like i said the only problem that i encountered is what was described above.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks for the feedback! Did you create a support ticket for the issue you described?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Yes i have an active support case for this. We are currently working through it, we've discovered that when NPM polls the devices it is returning a temp of 0 degrees celsius which is inaccurate. I believe my ticket is being escalated to dev for support.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Can I get some assistance on getting this ticket routed to the correct people? I am currently dealing with a technician that is terrible at communication and have no idea what's going on with my ticket even after numerous attempts over several days requesting an update. My ticket number is 1253744. Below is a screenshot of his latest reply lol

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos