cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: NPM 12.2 Upgrade Experience Feedback?

Jump to solution

Thank you.

Highlighted
hoppingubu
Level 11

Jump to solution

Upgrade 12.2 RC1 - RC3 to 12.2 official. Seems kind of weird, but RC3 became the defacto official.

Anyway, I have noticed some interesting anomalies that have been a bear to troubleshoot.

First: One of my ASA devices would not show serial number and site to site VPN. In fact I have to make sure that only the Node Details my SolarWinds is selected to provide the SNMP data for the details. Anything other poller the device will become an unknown.

Second: I just went and looked at the reports to find the report that provides the inventory which would let me mitigate the fact that one of three ASA devices doesn't show the serial number and behold, there are 0, ZERO reports listed.

Third: One of the best outputs of in these recent versions is being able to monitor site to site VPNs, stopped working. While working with tech support I found out that there is going to be a HOT FIX to repair something.

I am working to get a separate SQL server stood up which will help I think and eventually a physical server to remove it from the sometime sketchy virtual environment.

0 Kudos
neomatrix1217
Level 15

Jump to solution

SolarWinds Orion Platform 2017.3 Hotfix 1 includes the following security updates:

https://downloads.solarwinds.com/solarwinds/Release/HotFix/OrionPlatform-v2017.3.5320-HotFix1.zip

Password fields allowed auto-complete.

The Manage Alerts page displays $ signs instead of variables.

Node limitations are applied incorrectly on tertiary-level hosted entities, such as application components, in container members.

Account limitations to display no objects are not correctly applied when viewing hosted entities in container members.

Borders around popups in bar graphs are bigger than the popup in Chrome.

Cannot add more than one variable in the mail recipients section in the Send an Email/Page alert action.

The bundled SNMP Walk tool is an earlier version.

Installations behind proxy servers may not be able to connect to Leapfile to upload diagnostic files.

Ok, got it dialog does not dismiss correctly.

NOC mode for ASA Node Details page does not load in a timely fashion.

ASA-related charts do not load in the Node Details’ subviews.

Orion Platform does not support later versions of DPAIM.

Toolset menus do not display in the correct area.

The Orion Web Console is unresponsive when hovering over Toolset buttons in the management resource.

The Orion Web Console does not display the top menu and shows errors on other pages when client certificate authentication is enabled in IIS.

Spiky
Level 10

Jump to solution

so i went with the upgrade just now   i have npm, ncm, ipan and udt

and this is the error i got, and now i have a complete  unusable system

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
neomatrix1217
Level 15

Jump to solution

Can you check in add/remove programs if you have two IPAM's installed.

0 Kudos
serena
Level 16

Jump to solution

"I have a complete unusable system" At this point in the installer, nothing has changed on your existing installation. Can you clarify what you mean by "unusable system"?

You can get around this issue by uninstalling IPAM. Don't run the configuration wizard when you remove the product at this stage. Then, you would run the 12.2 installer again. On the first screen, expand "Select Additional Products" to select IPAM. This will install IPAM + upgrade your existing system all in one go, and you'll be up to date on the latest.

dfairles
Level 13

Jump to solution

Seems to be based on a cookie.  Log in on a different machine and you get the pop up again.

0 Kudos
dfairles
Level 13

Jump to solution

This hotfix left me with an unusable system.  I have 4 open tickets now and they have been escalated to dev.

0 Kudos
aLTeReGo
Level 21

Jump to solution

The 'ok, got it' is not based on a cookie. This issue is also fixed with hotfix 1 which is available for download through the Customer Portal.

0 Kudos
aLTeReGo
Level 21

Jump to solution

What is your case number?

0 Kudos