This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NPM 11.5x Web Alert Manager Trigger Not Returning Same Results In Multistage Trigger

We have stumbled across a problem with the Web Alert Manager getting alert rules with primary and secondary complex trigger stages to execute properly.

Here is an example of what I'm talking about, we have an instance of a primary custom SQL trigger that is working correctly and returns 87 rows:

pastedImage_1.png

But what we would really like to be able to do is (below) use both SQL and non-SQL together to produce the same

results as the SQL only trigger from above:

pastedImage_2.png

The above multistage trigger does not work correctly even though it's basically the same thing except I'm using

the GUI based drop downs in the secondary stage. When this trigger fires it produces several thousand rows

instead of the 87 from the original custom SQL primary only trigger. We don't want to have to deconstruct all of

the alert rule triggers in SolarWinds down to a custom SQL only primary trigger, that would be a nightmare.

I'm I missing something here in the difference between the above two scenarios?