cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hcy01uk
Level 10

NPM 11.5 upgrade - Database changes and Known Issues

Hi,

I am planning upgrade NPM 11.0.1 to 11.5 (also SAM 6.1 to 6.2) and notice this document: "http://knowledgebase.solarwinds.com/kb/questions/6263/Database+changes+between+NPM+11.0.1+and+11.5+%...", It mentions that in v11.5 the "Nodes Table" has been split into three tables: "NodesCustomProperties", "NodesData" and "NodesStatistics".

I have quit a few customised reports and alerts are based on MSSQL and query "Nodes Table", also have some scripts query the Nodes Tables. Does anyone know those reports/alerts/scripts will work properly in 11.5 after upgrading from 11.0.1 ? Or I have to update them one by one manually?

Also what is your experience and suggestion for NPM 11.5 & SAM 6.2 upgrades. I notice there were/are some issues people had. Have the issues been fixed after  releasing "Orion Platform v2015.1 Hot Fix 4" and  "Network Performance Monitor v11.5 Hot Fix 1" on 31/March/2015?

Thanks

Labels (1)
4 Replies
klinejw
Level 10

Re: NPM 11.5 upgrade - Database changes and Known Issues

Yes - you should be OK.  They created a database view with the same name to take place of the old Nodes table.  I still one issue post 11.5 upgrade.  We have not applied HF4 yet either. 

‌as mentioned view is there

breaking out (normalizing) their nodes table will make their internal updates faster

Consider querying SWQL vs sql as it's far more abstracted from change 

Highlighted

I saw a speed improvement in the console after upgrading from 11.0.1 to 11.5. I originally went to HotFix 3 and then installed HotFix 4 to try and fix an issue I was having with an additional poller (turns out that it was an installation order thing that screwed me up and nothing to do with the version).

I also had an issue with resources just spinning and timing out NPM version 10.3 and 10.4.2 - Nodes, List Resources - Never completes just sits and spins and does n... but it was related to this job engine problem I was also having NPM 10.1.1 - Problem with the service SOLARWINDS JOB ENGINE V2 stopping and the world map displaying unknown World Wide Map (Unknown) when locations where grouped at a higher zoom level. But once those were sorted out everything else is running pretty good.

hcy01uk
Level 10

Thanks klinejw, bluefunelemental, and bluefunelemental.

I have more confidence now.

0 Kudos