cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

Re: NPM 11.5 RC2 Now Available

‌rob- is the worldmap lat/long available for groups as well?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi,

I would really appreciate a response to this, as I would like to get this custom property method working.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Sure

l3/2 topology issues with /without  "weather maps"

Juniper and Ciscos

That was introduced 10.7

Still no fix in 11.1

Re: How to turn off topology monitoring

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Can we turn off all wireless client tracking and heat map generation?

I am concerned about the volume of data -- a SNMPwalk of one our smaller controllers takes well over half an hour to complete if you're pulling client data; during that time 80% of our users (students) [around 150,000 clients]  will have moved...

Highlighted
Level 14

Certainly sir.  Both the wireless heat map and client location feature each have their own poller that can be enabled or disabled as you like.

Highlighted
Level 12

Rob,

Hey, is there any chance you've got an update on applying the 11.5 RC2 to Orion deployments with WPM installed?

-Jason Henson

Loop1 Systems: SolarWinds Training and Professional Services

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Unfortunately we can't provide precise date, but WPM RC is on the immediate horizon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Can you confirm that the only consequence to upgrading would be that our alerts would not work until the fix comes out or is there potential for corruption if we leave WPM installed and still apply the upgrade? 

If the WPM installed was not of immediate importance but we left the tables in the database and did the upgrade, would we see any long term consequences?

Thanks,

Jason

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Does anyone have any idea how you can use the Volume Capacity Forecast report content for more than one node or how the data is calculated for use in a custom table? We'd like to report on all nodes of a service and the predicted capacity so a table like the below.

Node     |     Volume     |     >60%     |     >80%     |     >100%

Node1     |     C:\     |     > 1 year     |     > 1 year     |     > 1 year

Node1     |     D:\     |     now    |    5 months    |     > 1 year

Node1     |     E:\     |     3 months     |     7 months     |     > 1 year

Node2     |     C:\     |     > 1 year     |     > 1 year     |     > 1 year

Node2     |     D:\     |     > 1 year     |     > 1 year     |     > 1 year

Node2     |     E:\     |     2 months     |     > 1 year     |     > 1 year

Highlighted

Been looking at the VolumeUsage_ForecastCoefficients table to see if I can utilise the data there but the numbers are 1 higher than those shown on the node page. i.e. I have a server which predicts > 60% in 7 months for C:\ but this query states 8 months. Does a month get removed by default or am I just way off on my calcs?

SELECT Nodes.Caption, Volumes.Caption, datediff(m,getdate(),dateadd(d,((60-PercentDiskUsedAavg)/PercentDiskUsedBavg),getdate())) as '> 60%'

FROM [dbo].[VolumeUsage_ForecastCoefficients]

INNER JOIN Volumes ON [VolumeUsage_ForecastCoefficients].VolumeID = Volumes.VolumeID

INNER JOIN Nodes ON [VolumeUsage_ForecastCoefficients].NodeID= Nodes.NodeID

WHERE [VolumeUsage_ForecastCoefficients].nodeid = 3483

AND VolumeTypeID in (2,4)

ORDER BY VolumeTypeID, VolumeDescription

0 Kudos