Level 10

Re: NPM 11.5 RC2 Now Available

Hi,

looks like 11.5 RC3 is ready for download good work

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

No biggie, only cosmetic, but during the upgrade to 11.5 RC3, The installer realized my license key was not updated. (Note the version in the title bar, I'm currently running v11.0.1)

2015-02-05_13h16_31.png

I also had a few alerts that were not imported.

In worldmap edit mode, clicking here: 2015-02-05_15h54_50.pngbrings me to this: 2015-02-05_15h56_37.png

That being said, Kudos for improvements to the Worldmap section

0 Kudos
Level 13

Am I the only one that do not have his logo on the login page anymore?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

There was an issue in RC1&2 with externally linked logos being broken on upgrade. Should not have occurred on RC3. Readding / linking the logo should fix it. If not, if you can send me the support ticket #, we can chase it down.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

I'll open a case later on today if times permit... it's only on the login page anyway.

I also realized that alert rules that were disabled prior to upgrade were reenabled (Traffic on Multicast groups) .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

I've created a few tickets :

#754601 - Logo on login page does not appear

#754602 - Worldmap node status

#754607 - Disabled alert still firing...

#754610 - Wrong status description

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

I haven't seen an announcement for RC3, but it's available on the downloads page.

I'm very excited about the features. World Map using SNMP location is making everything a lot easier to set up some cool maps.

Looks like there are still a number of issues with alerts either not triggering or (more often for me) not recovering correctly, but hopefully those will get sorted out soon.

Highlighted
Level 13

Another issue I'm having: When sending traps from NPM, defined variables used in the template are showed as deprecated in the trap sent (not in NPM directly ) and the link given is an Oops page.

.1.3.6.1.4.1.11307.10.7[OCTET STRING]="PropertyName" variable is deprecated in New Alerting; please see http://www.SolarWinds.com/documentation/helpLoader.aspx?lang=en&topic=OrionCoreAG-DefunctAlertMacros...

.1.3.6.1.4.1.11307.10.8[OCTET STRING]="PropertyValue" variable is deprecated in New Alerting; please see http://www.SolarWinds.com/documentation/helpLoader.aspx?lang=en&topic=OrionCoreAG-DefunctAlertMacros...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

Another ticket was opened:

#757538 - Need documentation for variables that can be used for alerts in NPM11.5

The agent was clueless, and did not seem to understand the issue... after about an hour, I just required the documentation... It took me a while to explain to him what was a trap template and what this is used for... *sigh*

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Hello,

In which document was the information? We, too, need to update the SNMP trap template to forward alarms to another system.

Merci d'avance,

Joe Poutre

BNP Paribas

0 Kudos