cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

NPM 11.5 Alerts "stuck"

Jump to solution

I recently upgraded to NPM 11.5. All of my advanced alerts are now managed through the Web Interface. I seem to have 4 different alerts that are "stuck" and keep emailing me. I can't seem to view these alerts anywhere. In previous versions of NPM, when I changed an alert it warned me that there were active alerts for the monitor. I believe it cleared them. Is there a place where I can see these active alerts? I've check every place on the web interface and so far have found nothing.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Same happened to me - try going back to your main poller server  - opening up the Advanced and/or basic alert manager app - and see if any are still enabled and/or alerting. If so work with support or manually recreate them in the web console then make sure to disable them in the win32 app.

I guess you could also check the alertmigration table but it's quite verbose in there - I seem to remember a status field?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Same happened to me - try going back to your main poller server  - opening up the Advanced and/or basic alert manager app - and see if any are still enabled and/or alerting. If so work with support or manually recreate them in the web console then make sure to disable them in the win32 app.

I guess you could also check the alertmigration table but it's quite verbose in there - I seem to remember a status field?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

I opened a case with Solarwinds support. With NPM 11.5 Adv. Alerts are handled by the  Solarwinds Alerting Service V2, but the "old" Solarwinds Alerting Engine is still active. In my case, the two were out of sync.

I was instructed to stop both services and restart them. They seem to be "in sync" now.

0 Kudos

Interesting...I logged back into the NPM polling server and opened up the old Advanced Alert Manager. There were 3 random alerts checked as active. I unchecked them. Now when I go into Home - Alerts, it's populated with data. I will acknowledge the alerts in question and see if this clears things up. Looks like both answers were right

0 Kudos
Level 17

Active Alerts can be found under Home-Alerts. However in this case if they are retriggering, we may need to look at the condition. A support case may be the best path here: SolarWinds Customer Support - We're Here to Help