This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NPM 11.5.2 Upgrade ready to go?

We are currently running NPM 11.0.1 and are ready to upgrade to 11.5.  I have been holding off on the upgrade until most of the bugs had been worked out.  It now looks like version 11.5.2 has taken care of most of them.  I am looking to get some feedback from the community on the stability and reliability of 11.5.2.   Would you say it's ready for Prime Time?

Thank you for your time and responses. 

• I too haven't upgraded as yet. Can't afford any downtime, plus our database is remotely managed which means restores are a pain!

• I'm at 11.5.1, and it seems quite stable to me.

[UDT 3.2.2 is not so much, but that was not the question]

• Upgraded to NPM 11.5.2 and NCM 7.4 about 2 weeks ago and its been stable as far as i can tell, even fixed a few of the problems we had the previous weeks

• I upgraded to 11.5.2 Monday.  I can't list resources on any node for some reason.  I had to open a support case and am currently collecting diagnostics.  I have not seen any other issues yet, and Network Atlas is behaving better now.

• I've performed over a dozen 11.5.2 upgrades in many environments since it came out (I'm a Consultant that specializes in SolarWinds) and have found it to be quite stable.  A few minor things here and there, but no more or less than you come across with any percentage of software upgrade installs.  Just make sure you apply the Orion Platform Hotfix2 afterwards (luckily it is a simple .exe package and not the normal manual copy/replace type of hotfix they normally do).

I highly recommend upgrading as soon as possible.  The new Web Alerting Engine alone would make me recommend this upgrade ASAP but all of the other great features and improvements adds icing to the cake.  I'm really excited with the direction they are going and am now looking forward to the UI Improvements and Discovery Improvements in the SAM 6.3 Beta as well.

Jordan Hume

Field Systems Engineer II

Loop1 Systems, Inc.

Providing SolarWinds Onsite or Remote Professional Services and Training as well as Classroom Training at our facility in Austin, TX.

• It turns out, the Orion Platform Hotfix2 actually fixed my issue.  Good insight humejo‌.  Now the NPM is working again, I need to upgrade NCM and SAM.

• 11.5.1 was a bit of a rough upgrade for me, but 11.5.2 has been solid

• We upgraded to 11.5.2 recently and havent come across any issues.

• Forgot to mention one thing though. After the upgrade, i m seeing the NTA and SWIS serivce getting terminated unexpectedly. Not sure if anyone else has also come across the same. I m trying to check in the community and will update incase i get any information.

• had the super loop1 team for a week and we upgraded to 11.5.2 and i keep getting my polling engine alert that it has stopped updating the DB - ticket has been open for weeks and they have me do the same thing over and over repair the core installer - did ask if hotfix will fix this issue but support has not said so as of yet