This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NPM 11.5.2 - Error when trying to migrate from SQL Server 2008R2 Express Advanced to SQL Server 2014 Express Advanced

Hello,

I am trying to migrate my NPM 11.5.2/NCM 7.4 install to a new Win2012R2 server. After installing SQL Server 2014 Express w/ Advanced Services, I backed up my NetPerfMon and ConfigMgmt databases on the old server (using SQL server management studio), transferred them to the new server, and tried to restore them. When restoring the NPM database, I get the following error. Any ideas? Thanks.

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio

------------------------------

Restore of database 'NetPerfMon' failed. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.RelationalEngineTasks)

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlError: Logical file 'ConfigMgmt' is not part of database 'NetPerfMon'. Use RESTORE FILELISTONLY to list the logical file names. (Microsoft.SqlServer.SmoExtended)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=12.0.2000.8+((SQL14_RTM).140220-1752)&LinkId=20476

BUTTONS:

OK

• Solarwinds support figured this out for me. I was backing up both NPM and NCM databases to one file and then copying the file to the new server before trying to restore each db. They had me back up each database to a separate file instead of one file and the issue disappeared. Thanks.