This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NPM 10.7 and NOC Views

Is there a limitation to how many tabs a NOC view can cycle through? Is there a limitation to how many instances of the NOC page can be used simultaneously?

I have one setup but at some point it quit cycling through the screens and I'm not sure why. None of the settings have been changed but we did add the same NOC view to a couple of other screens and that is when things stopped. We limited it to just one screen but it still isn't cycling. I've also been trying to find some detailed documentation on this feature and haven't been able to. Any info is appreciated!

• Same issue here, inconsistent jumps near the end of the cycle, hiccups back to the first tab.

Does anyone else have more than 5 views and experience perceived bugginess?

SolarWinds - any input on this?

emoticons_happy.png

• We only only have four views but it works great.

• Hi,

This behaviour is caused by 'Page Refresh'. This setting is located on 'Web Console Settings' page. Default value is set to 5 minutes.

If you are using 12 sub-views in NOC (let's say with rotate tabs every 35 seconds interval) it takes 7 minutes to finish the whole cycle. Unfortunately this is interrupted by Page Refresh which is set by default to shorter time period.

Workaround is to set longer 'Page Refresh' interval. Optimal in this case (12 views / 35 seconds each) is 7 minutes. It means that page refresh will be performed during the last twelfth slide.

However the whole cycle will not take precisely 7 minutes (it takes a little bit longer because of rendering), it means sometimes the page refresh will affect the NOC. The best solution is to disable the Page Refresh during viewing NOC completely (which is not currently implemented). I am creating internal ticket to fix this issue. Meanwhile you can use the mentioned workaround.

BR

Libor

• Thank you Libor, I will implement a longer refresh and test.