This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NPM 10.4 is GA now!

I would like to announce that NPM 10.4 release is officially here. You may find more details on our product blog page.

I would like to say BIG thanks to all contributors on Twhack who helped us with the product content, testing and technical details.

thanks,

Michal

P.S. we are already working on next version so stay tuned for more ;-)

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

I like the new look for the node details, particularly the F5 stuff with the VS, pools, and such. Did this upgrade change anything regarding how NCM backs up the F5 boxes?

• Very interested in the new F5 stuff - how does one enable it? Is there a new device view for F5? Does it show the pool members and their statuses?

• Hi qbarry,

you can enable F5 polling in list resource on the node or add the node via discovery where it should be enabled by default. There is no F5 device view but there is couple of new resources on node details which are shown on F5 devices only. We show list of Virtual Servers, Pools and Nodes on F5 devices.

Cheers,

Pavel

• Thanks PavelSuchy - yeah I managed to figure that much out. So now I can get it to populate the F5 Device Details resource, but the other resources for List of Nodes, List of Pools and List of Virtual servers don't seem to populate for some reason. Our F5 devices details are: 11.2.1 build 807.0. I wonder are we on an older version or something?

• Hi qbarry,

your device must be able to respond to the set of OIDs to poll those data. It is not dependend neither on Product build nor version. We would need snmp walk from your device to tell you if it is supported or not.

Populating data to the resource may take some time depending on your polling / rediscovery interval.

Thanks,

Pavel

• There is a lot to like about 10.4, particularly the charts with mouse-over data points and time-zoom, and hardware health, cool !   seems like some of the snmp polling of Linux 6 / Squid 3 has changed back to Squid 2 snmp-gets, though. My proxy server admin says that where 10.3.1 was polling OID 3495.1.3.2.1.15, the new 10.4 is stopping the polling at 3495.1.3.2.1.12. I grabbed new MiBs on Oct 26  and again on Nov 20th, but we have lost the charts that were showing us this component data.

Core 2012.2.0, SAM 5.2.0, NPM 10.4, IVIM 1.5.0

Thanks,

esam

• Hello,

could you please provide more details about the issue with "snmp polling of Linux 6 / Squid 3 has changed back to Squid 2 snmp-gets". Are you talking about some particular template in SAM, which would change behavior after NPM upgrade? Or do you mean anything else?

Thank you