cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dpatzold1979
Level 10

NPM 10.2.2 List Resources selects all at random bug?

I dont know if this is a bug or if i am just seeing things but two times this has happend to me so far in the last 2 weeks and i cannot seem to duplcate the problem.

I was clicking on list resources for one of our nodes and on this node only a few resources are being monitored. but all of the resoruces showed up as being monitored with a checkbox next to each interface. for example below only specific items are montiored. but this time all even inactve interfaces were selected. I clicked on cancel and not submit to stop this. One of my co-workers was adding an interface to be monitored and it selected all to be monitored and then submited without knowing. This is bad due to the alerts we have in place which then sent out many emails for interfaces that were down.

Has anyone else seen this in 10.2.2 yet?

2012-04-17_095138.png

NPM 10.2.2

See my other posts

http://thwack.solarwinds.com/thread/48201

http://thwack.solarwinds.com/thread/48577

0 Kudos
10 Replies
savell
Level 13

Re: NPM 10.2.2 List Resources selects all at random bug?

Yes, I've actually seen this occur a couple of times at random intervals.

I pretended it didn't occur - I couldn't work out what I did to make it occur and didn't think to log a fault (I just cancelled out).

It's likely to be a bug, but without being able to replicate it's going to be difficult to solve....

Dave.

dpatzold1979
Level 10

Ok good to know that I wasn’t crazy. Like I mentioned it caused me a problem as I mentioned that when my coworker didn’t catch this and caused several alerts to be sent to our noc/network team.

0 Kudos
savell
Level 13

I'll take a screen dump next time I see it and log a fault.

At least the screen dump will show that there is an issue floating around.

Dave.

mdriskell
Level 15

There is another thread that states this is now the new "FEATURE" when doing a discovery all interfaces are selected by default (supposedly to make it easier for customers...not sure how it was so hard to hit all but to each their own).

This has already caused me several headaches due to not knowing about this and accidentally adding thousands of interfaces to monitoring.

http://thwack.solarwinds.com/message/167179#167179

0 Kudos
dpatzold1979
Level 10

So when adding a new node this is bad but I am bringing up that this is happening when listing resources of a node already monitored. And it adding all interfaces even down interfaces.

0 Kudos
mdriskell
Level 15

Ahh ok...I have been lucky enough not to experience that one yet.  I'll keep an eye out.

0 Kudos
asburris
Level 7

I also have had this occur on 2 occassions that I am aware of.

Angela

0 Kudos
wluther
Level 16

We are using 10.4 and I have seen the same thing happen numerous times now.

We have even seen all the interfaces on a node added without anyone actually working on the node/interfaces in NPM.

I opened a support ticket and was told the SolarWinds development team has seen this issue and is aware of it.

Just waiting for an update now.

0 Kudos
dpatzold1979
Level 10

I upgraded to 10.4 and have seen it once so far.

0 Kudos