This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NPM 10.1.2 Service Pack 1 broken ${variable} in alerts NOT fixed???

I upgraded to 10.1.2 and added sp1 and my emailed alerts are showing like the following:

Interface 10.248.200.114 for node 10.248.200.114 has a transmitted utilization of ${Interface.OutPercentUtil} which is greater than the threshold of 75%.

I thought this sp was supposed to do the following:

- Trap variables are now correctly displayed in alerts and no longer appear as ${XXX}. {53475}

Is there something else I need to do to get these working again???

Do I have to reboot my server or do something else after installing sp1?

• If your Type of Property to Monitor under Trigger Conditions is Interface, try ${OutPercentUtil}

I have tried the Variable, and it is working correctly on my system. If it is not working on yours, it may be an issue with the SWAlertActions8.dll not being registered correctly.

• Thanks for the reply Sean.  The funny thing is I never changed any of these from when they were working before (v10)... I'm guessing the new version (10.1.2sp1) must have changed something with the variables are de-referenced or something...

Anyway I took the full reference out ie. ${Interface.OutPercentUtil} and changed it to just ${OutPercentUtil} like you suggested since I was using type of property to monitor as Interface.... and the alert is coming through correctly now.