Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

NPM 10.0 Custom Properties - Missing Filter Options

Hi All,

Just upgraded to NPM 10.0 and found the below

Anyone else missing the ability to filter based on interfaces when viewing from the custom property editor??

I seem to only have the Nodes option to filter by and not the interfaces one

Thanks

Michael

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Level 19

Hi Michael,

I am seeing the same behavior. Can you open a ticket so we can track this as a customer issue?

Andy

0 Kudos

Andy,

Already logged reference#165050

Thanks Michael

0 Kudos

For internal folks, this is FB16646

Thanks!

AK

0 Kudos

I am seeing this as well. Although only one of my custom properties is unavailable. Luckily it is the one field I need.

0 Kudos

Got reply from support, this is being corrected in the next service pack 🙂

0 Kudos

Don't suppose they have an ETA? This is kind of a show stopper for some of our projects.

0 Kudos

No specific ETA was given unfortunately, see below response

Hi Michael,

This will be fixed in the upcoming service pack, which will be soon.

Thanks!
Regards
Solarwinds Technical Support

0 Kudos

We upgraded tonight and are seeing the same issue.  Have already tried to re run the config wizard with no success.   This is yet another disappointing upgrade from Solarwinds.  

0 Kudos

ap321,

Don't fret the service pack is not too far away and will resolve the issue for you. And it isn't majorly impacting, just makes it harder to sort through the chunk of custom properties.

Thanks

0 Kudos

From what I've seen, this is majorly impacting, at least to us. It has made any of our alerts that rely on the interface property unusable. Instead of the interface property (not just custom interface properties but all of them) being listed in the alert, it is only listing a star (i.e. *). Trying to go in and adjust it doesn't work because that interface property doesn't exist.

This issue did not happen in our lab environment where we tested NPM 10.

0 Kudos

hmmmm not sure of your setup but i have found the same issue with Interface missing from the Report Writer... i can still create alerts based on Interface and such.

Can you describe how your alerts are working or where you are seeing the issue??

So far i have found the Interface details missing from the Custom Property Editor and from the Report Writer > Inventory Report specifically.

Thanks

0 Kudos

NTeam,

I too am seeing the Interfaces missing in the Report Writer. I'm not sure what exactly you mean by how the alerts are setup. What I can tell you is we monitor for specific things like interface traffic levels (e.g. InBps and OutBps). With the Interfaces property missing from the Alert Manager and the Report Writer, we are unable to test for those properties.

We have a support case open with SW. Hopefully they can provide some answers. Running the Config Wizard to repair the website and services didn't change anything and neither did restarting the services and entire server.

0 Kudos

Our issue was resolved by going to Add/Remove Programs and selecting the Solarwinds Orion Core Services, running it and selecting the Remove option. Then running the installer again essentially reinstalling Orion. In Add/Remove Programs, Orion Network Performance Monitor v10.0 wasn't even listed before running the installer again.

It's fixed now thought 🙂

0 Kudos