cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 13

NOC Display Size

How do you handle having different resolution Displays? We are setting up monitoring stations in each IT area, and some have different resolution screens. This causes the NOC views to look nice on some monitors and terrible on others.

So far the only solution I cant think of is to make different  NOC Views for each resolution monitor.

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Like cahunt‌ I created two views NOC-Square and NOC-Wide.

NOC-Square is a two column view and has seven pages to cycle through.

1) Simple Map on Left.  Node Tree and Interfaces with High Percent Usage and Top 10 Netflow Sources by % Utilization on Right

2) Top 10 Interfaces by Percent Utilization on Left and Top 14 Conversations Right

3) World Map sized to fit entire screen

4) Active Alerts and Active Application Alerts on Left and All Applications Tree on Right

5) Top 10 Nodes by Current Response Time on Left and Virtualization Storage Summary on Right

6) Top Datastore I/O Latency on Left Top Datastore IOPS on Right

7) Top VM Latency on Left and Top VM IOPS on Right

NOC-Wide is a three column view and has four pages to cycle through.

1) Simple Map on Left.  Node Tree and Top 10 Netflow Sources by % Utilization in Center.   Interfaces with High Percent Usage on Right.

2) World Map sized to fit Left and Center columns.  Active Alerts on Right

3) All Applications Tree and Virtualization Assets on Left.  Top 10 Nodes by Current Response Time in Center.  Top 10 Nodes by Current Response Time on Right.

4) Top Datastore I/O Latency on Left.  Top Datastore IOPS in Center.  Virtualization Storage Summary on Left.

I need to add Top VM Latency on Left and Top VM IOPS on Right to the wide view.

I picked these pages and resources because they visually scream (turn red) when there is an issue.

RT

Level 17

Re-read and specific to NOC's --  I would create two or 3 Views(each custom resolution and columns based on size of display).

I would name them :

NOC-720p

NOC-1080p

NOC-4K   (If needed)

*needing the same general info - copy 1 view and adjust as needed - rename and save*

Ok, this is what I am doing now. Just wanted to verify I wasn't missing something. Also, thank you @cahunt for explaining your above answer I was confused as to how that would help my situation.

glad to know something made sense. Let me know how it works out.

0 Kudos
Level 17

*Note - I would use this for different Desktop solutions* I Got excited like some Geeks do and provided help for a situation where I figured I had a good idea & am leaving this response - as it may be useful to me in the near future *

Manage Accounts - Edit an Account - Under the Separate Component options change the view setup.

+Orion General Settings - instead of going By Device Type - create a View that is custom to the Resolution for the specific machine

* You may want to throw those users in an AD Group - and setup their account by that group - to easier manage the specific resolution view.

* This option will lose your View's by Device Type - essentially you may need a generic view here to house a various amount of Node Types.

*Just one option off the Top of the Dome*

Views-typeing.png

0 Kudos
Level 12

Can you use different zoom levels in the browsers depending on the resolution of the screens attached?

This is an option which works for the screens displaying maps, but not for any screen that displays text.

0 Kudos