This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NAM sizing

Hi guys,

I'm planning to install NAM but I don't know how to size my hardware, I know I have to have a extra server for HA (not applicable for DB) so, Do someone know the hardware specifications for a NAM 1000 and NAM 2000 for Cloud and OnPremise? and a standard hardware size for database for these NAMs

Thank you so much in advance.

rafa.gp

• Hello,

The benefits of NAM licensing allow you to scale the platform to the individual modules ability, for example NPM can scale to 400000 elements, in which case we consider this an xLarge deployment, or you could be monitoring 4000 elements across your NAM 1000/2000 deployment in which case it is Medium to Large. The suggested hardware for all deployments based on this an other considerations can be found here

Multi-module system guidelines for the Orion Platform

• Thank you so much for the information Tony, this article explains very well how to size according number of modules !¡ emoticons_grin.png NAM has 6 modules.

Talking about the maximum NAM capacity (NAM10k), How NAM works if I need more than that? for example, 10,000 nodes + 20% additional (12,000 nodes total), Is it correct to considere licenses for NAM 10k and NAM 2k added over one instance (with its respective number of APEs to balance load? or Should I install a new instance separetly (new Windows) to install NAM 2000?

Thank you in advance.

rafa.gp

• Hello @rafa_gp

Unfortunately, licenses are not cumulative - you can't stack 10k and 2k in order to have 12k nodes in one instance. You will need to deploy two separate instances (new windows server, DB). For managing both from single point you can use our Enterprise Operations Console.

Also, I think it would be worth to share more details about your environment. As Tony mentioned about NPM is able to scale up to 40k elements (which can be 10k nodes + 30k interfaces, as well as 40k nodes). What I wanted to say is that 12k nodes seems like fairly large environment from first point of view, but if only nodes matter (no or only few interfaces, flows, etc.) single modules (NPM, NTA, ...) licensing scheme may better fulfil your needs.

Thanks,
    Miro

• Hi Miro,

Thank you very much, it's clear how can I proceed to cover 12k nodes to monitor, and keep in mind a EOC for both NAM's

Thanks!

rafa.gp