cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 13

NAM & ACM Upgrade Documentation?

Jump to solution

Does anyone know where I can find documentation to upgrade my current install of NPM, SAM, NTA, IPAM, UDT, and NCM to NAM with ACM?

The link for the upgrade docs are greyed out on the Success Center for NAM:Network Automation Manager - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support

pastedImage_2.png

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Product Manager
Product Manager

It's essentially the same upgrade that you would normally do with any other product. The SolarWinds Orion installer, when you run it - it will add the components that are missing. For instance if you ran the ACM installer it would add WPM functionality to your existing installation. You would just want to swap out the licenses for your new ACM license.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

Thanks Serena!

I called support and got essentially the same answer.

One thing to note is it seems the link to the upgrade documentation on the NAM Success Center page is broke. As I put in the screenshot above, the text for the document isn't a hyperlink.  The support tech said that when he's logged into the success center with his SolarWinds credentials and goes to that same page it's a hyperlink for him.  He sent me the URL to the page (https://support.solarwinds.com/Success_Center/Orion_Platform/Network_Automation_Manager/NAM_Install_... ) and when I go to the page I receive an error that "You do not have permissions to view this page".

0 Kudos

Thanks for letting me know! I've informed our Infodev department and that should be fixed soon !

Product Manager
Product Manager

It's essentially the same upgrade that you would normally do with any other product. The SolarWinds Orion installer, when you run it - it will add the components that are missing. For instance if you ran the ACM installer it would add WPM functionality to your existing installation. You would just want to swap out the licenses for your new ACM license.

View solution in original post