This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Mute Alerts - generating an alert

Hi,

I like the new mute alert feature that allows you to continuing collecting data whilst also not generating alerts during maintenance.

Problem,

Alerts are being generated despite this feature being set. 

I am alerting against Groups, as we have collected all devices critical to the operation of Business Services.  When we perform maintenance on one of the devices it is muted, but we are still getting alerts

I shouldn't have to add a trigger condition in for this as I don't need it on other alerts.  Any ideas?

• That's a tough one. The way we do it is we use custom properties for alerting and groups for reporting. The reason for this is the alerting is much better tied into the nodes than groups. If i want to group together several nodes ill use a custom property for this same reason.

Sorry I'm pretty sure this isn't exactly what you were looking for.

• Thanks, it is a consideration though, my only issue is how complicated it can get with shared services and the like....

With groups it does feel much simpler...