This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Multipule IP's per device

I remember someone starting a topic about this some time back, but I have yet to find the topic again. 

Since we have quite a few devices that have multiple IP's, how do we handle this with Orion, and more specifically, how does the NTA module handle it?

For example, my core/backbone router has about 250 different IP's - ranging from serial connections to vlan interfaces.  I am seeing alot of events in my NTA module that states I need to "Add this node", but the base (management) ip of the device is already in the system. 

I am wondering if Orion has any way to "link" or determine that the interface reporting to NTA is actually a interface of a device that is already defined.

Or - perhaps (and this isnt that hard to get to) I just dont know how to configure/use the tool?

Thanks.