cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Multiple pollers - one graph

I agree with all the above posts.  I have been asking for this feature as well for the last two years.  I am disappointed that SolarWinds hasn't caught on by now.

Anyone from SolarWinds wish to comment on when we can expect this feature?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

From a use case perspective, I collect signal strength for our cell backup through a SNMP custom poller.  Right now I have to click on each router to see this information.  I'd love to have a composite graph on the home page that shows me this information so I can see quickly if any of them are above or below what we feel is our acceptable norm. 

Another thing I'd like to be able to do is pin the scale down.  We graph RSSI values and they range from -60 to -125 and Orion seems to be stuck on the idea that the graph must include the value 0 so instead of scaling them from -50ish to -130ish it scales it from 0 to -130 so half of the graph is always empty  (but at least it graphs it...)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

From a use case perspective, I collect signal strength for our cell backup through a SNMP custom poller.  Right now I have to click on each router to see this information.  I'd love to have a composite graph on the home page that shows me this information so I can see quickly if any of them are above or below what we feel is our acceptable norm. 

Another thing I'd like to be able to do is pin the scale down.  We graph RSSI values and they range from -60 to -125 and Orion seems to be stuck on the idea that the graph must include the value 0 so instead of scaling them from -50ish to -130ish it scales it from 0 to -130 so half of the graph is always empty  (but at least it graphs it...)

Just as an FYI on this specific case, it is possible to put all of those graphs onto a single page/dashboard.  I realize that isn't the same as in a single graph which I also would like to see but I though it might help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

My sales rep told me to expect this feature early next year.  However, that was in late 2007 so you can I'd take any dates with a large grain of salt.  Apparently it's more important for Solar Winds to come out with new tools and gain new customers rather than honor the repeated requests of existing customers.

Of course, I'm no longer in the "existing" category (found something cheaper and so far better) so you can chalk my complaints up to sour grapes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Agree 100% Please address this and the many other shortcomings that make it next to ridiculous to spend money on Solarwinds over the many much more capable free products.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

We're about to do a blog post on what we're working on in the next few days.   We'd love to get everyone's input once you've seen that list.  There are a lot of top priorities (e.g. 1, 1a, 1b, 1c), but we believe we're working on a lot of your top requests 😉

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Great. Can you reply with a link in this thread so those of us with subscriptions to it will be notified?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

*drool* 😉

I'm personally most concerned with features like scalable administration, (user/node/custom poller), multiple pollers on a single graph and let's not forget SNMP table correlation.  From a "my time" standpoint the administration issues are foremost, but for business intelligence for both large and small customers the graphing and table handling are paramount.

Peter

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

*sigh* Just as I feared none of the major shortcomings are being addressed, just a bunch of low hanging fruit that leave glaring fundamental capability holes intact. Just out of curiosity, why did you come into a thread called "Multiple pollers - one graph" and get everyone's hopes up when that's not at all part of this announcement?

Just tell the developers to download a free copy of Zenoss and Cacti and just copy everything they do for free! At the pricepoint an enterprise Orion deployment runs, they should have the resources to do it.