cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Product Manager
Product Manager

Re: Multiple pollers - one graph

very well then. When do you expect to support other data sets that, like interfaces NPM is already collecting historical data for.. ie memory, cpu, disk space.

With NPM 10.1.2 you should be able to do this now

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

+1

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

+1 on this feature.  I need to be able to graph multiple data points either from snmp polling or apm polling.  I know it can be done because I have graph with multiple snmp datapoints (although they all come from a one snmp table).  

0 Kudos
Highlighted

+1

Please add my vote for this.

Highlighted
Level 7

Hear Hear!!  I've been asking for this feature from our sales staff since we became an Orion customer nearly 3 years ago.  Everytime I get "wait for the next release" which I do and am always disappointed.

I too come form a MRTG/Cacti background and see putting multiple values on a single chart as trivial, basic, and vital.

This missing yet basic feature, along with the missing ability to create ad hoc tables from polled data (seriously?) are pushing us away from Orion quickly.  Our maintenance is up next month and frankly, we're considering not re-upping.   2+ years is simply too long to wait for what are standard features in nearly all other monitoring tools.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

We hear you.  It's something we plan to do.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

After 6 months, that might mean something.  It's been nearly two years that I've been asking for it, and in discussions about Network Management, the shortcomings of Orion are beginning to mean something.  If I have to maintain another system to get the functionality I need, or multiple other systems to get the data displayed the way I need to to be and alerted on, there's little point in maintaining the not-so-terribly inconsiderable investment in SolarWinds' software.

This is merely one of many long-outstanding necessary features that exist elsewhere for SolarWinds' to see as a guideline for necessary feature development.  I can honestly say there aren't any enhancements in 9.x that have anything to do with my business needs, and it may be time to make a business decision.  For the moment, the lack of functionality is merely annoying, shortly, it will be debilitating and require action, I'd suspect by the end of 2010.

For the record, lack of multiple pollers on one graph merely makes it painful to see the data, I still have all the data, and I can see it, if I scroll through enough slow-loading graphs.  There are other considerably more pressing concerns when it comes to NMS data, custom pollers on a graph is merely one of many, and probably #5 or 6 on the critical list.

Peter

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I agree with you 100% - it's a shame that Orion does not have this ability. I asked Mark Wigans the same questions some months ago in a different post, never got any reply.

It seems Solarwinds is chasing whatever feature is cool today, and they're still lacking in my opinion important features in the core product that should have been developed years ago. One should be able to display multiple pollers and values in a custom chart with ease in a product like Orion that is no longer either small or cheap.

Amer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

You are all missing the most important thing here.  We will have Meru Wireless support in the next version.  MERU WIRELESS SUPPORT, GUYS!  IT'S WHAT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR ALL THESE YEARS!!!  This feature was obviously high priority and asked for by thousands of customers, none of which apparently posted on the forums...anywhere...but it's higher priority than multiple pollers in one graph, because nobody except extreme fringe cases would want to do something so wild and crazy!

I very much look forward to having Meru Wireless support.  Thank goodness this feature is finally being put into Orion.  I was beginning to lose sleep over the fact that I couldn't easily graph my Meru Wireless devices without making a bunch of custom UnDP templates.  My nightmare is finally over.  I hope you'll join me in the praises of the product manager who finally put this feature into Orion 10 and made it one of the highest priority features.  I was going to post on the forums that I wanted this feature, but it must have been such high priority that no one else posted about it, asking for it publicly, and I assumed that SW knew that we were all clamoring for it.  In fact, I was going to post years ago that I'd sell tickets to my own grandmother's brutal beating just to see this functionality in Orion.  But now I don't have to do that because it's going to be there!  YAY!  Please rush this version out the door because I desperately need the high priority Meru Wireless feature set, just like all the other hundreds of non-posts asking for this high priority feature.

Have I gotten my point across?  I like the SW products and for the most part, they do the job for us.  Sure, there's some disappointments, but I've always overlooked them because SW administration saves me a lot of time when compared against Cacti or MRTG in our environment.  However, it really ticks me off to be told that all these issues were the highest priority issues when I don't see one single post from anyone asking for Meru Wireless support in the next Orion.  You have several threads asking for this feature, most notably this one, and it's ignored and "sent to the PM", which I've seen tons of times and rarely does any suggestion about core functionality actually make it into the product.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Multiple graphs are definitely needed.

I'd like to stack the same UnDP across multiple nodes into a summary chart.  I can't seem to get this to work correctly using the Universal Device Poller Chart.

0 Kudos