cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bshopp Product Manager
Product Manager

Re: Multiple pollers - one graph

All,

Just to give you an update, not sure if you saw my blog post here, but I was able to squeeze some stuff into the next release around this functionality.  If if you have active maintenance and want to kick the tires and give me feedback, send me a PM via thwack as we are about to release beta3 which has this feature in it.

0 Kudos
pserwe
Level 12

Awesome.  I'm dying for it.  I have the new system in place, waiting for migration from our current 9.5.1 installation, and this would be awesome to be able to get in line prior to transition.  Will this beta be upgradable to RC versions and the release or will it require a nuke and re-pave?

Peter

0 Kudos
Highlighted
bshopp Product Manager
Product Manager

Nuke and re-pave, no upgrade from beta to beta or beta to RC.  Once we go RC we will have RC to RC upgrades though.  Send me a PM if you want the beta link

0 Kudos
SLXer
Level 9

This was a fun thread to read. I'm sorry there wasn't any update after the discussion about the beta candidate. I gave up posting feature suggestions / feedback over a year ago.

0 Kudos
bshopp Product Manager
Product Manager

Never give up, even though sometimes it may take a little while to get into the product, we are listening.  This feature was included in 10.1.  We just have a lot of stuff on the list, we get tons of feedback on thwack alone, along with the conversations myself and the other PM's have here with many of you.

0 Kudos
jbaulsir
Level 13

OK so we got:

• Stackable Charts 
    • Ability to place multiple interfaces from a single node or multiple nodes on a single chart
    • Ability to place a UnDP assigned to one node or multiple nodes to a single chart 
    • But how about Multiple UnDP from the same node on one chart?
      JB
    0 Kudos
    SLXer
    Level 9

very well then. When do you expect to support other data sets that, like interfaces NPM is already collecting historical data for.. ie memory, cpu, disk space.

0 Kudos
    bshopp Product Manager
    Product Manager

Those are both items on our hit list we for sure want to add.  I was only able to get certain items into 10.1 so based on threads like this and conversations with folks I focused on the primary use cases, which were interfaces.  As a temp "escape hatch" I had UnDP's added as well.

Once we get the next release locked down we will post the what we are working on post.

0 Kudos
    SLXer
    Level 9

One last thing you may want to add to that list if its not already there.

The specific scenario im thinking would be an inline appliance where we would need to graph traffic coming in on one interface and out on a second interface to be able to visualize the total load. 

Is this functionality something you plan to add to the aggregate chart configuration page?

0 Kudos
    cosman
    Level 7

+1 on this feature.  I need to be able to graph multiple data points either from snmp polling or apm polling.  I know it can be done because I have graph with multiple snmp datapoints (although they all come from a one snmp table).  

0 Kudos