cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Re: Multiple pollers - one graph

*Sigh* The fact I just received our 5 figure renewal bill only adds to the annoyance of all this. I really have to ask myself, "What for?"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm not sure why anyone even bothers requesting enhancements like this from Solarwinds. It's obvious these requests will never be addressed with anything other than "We're *planning* on adding it to the next release" or "I don't think that's representative of our user-base". So really, what's the point? The fact is, no matter how much you want to believe NPM, APM, or whaeverPM, is a mature "enterprise" product, their biggest claim to fame is that they have a user-driven support forum with over 38,000 users. WOW. It was one of the biggest selling points during our evaluations. Since the IPO, the company is nothing more than a musical chair for failing executives riding the cash cow BOD train. I wouldn't plan on seeing any real change with the product for the next 10 years -- if you've ever taken a peak at the DB design you might understand why there are so many failings on the presentation layer, and why it might take 10 years to fix Isn't it sad how software like Cacti, with a handful of active developers, can be so much more superior to most "enterprise" software? I love it.

Wow, it's like you read my mind 12 months ago.  I've been a user of Solar Winds products for nearly 15 years.  Back in the day they produced crappy looking but awesome tools for Windows net admins.  Netmaper, Visual Ping, router watch, etc were the only network tools available on WinNT or Win95 and they brought a lot of Windows admins into the network fold (where they eventually learned CLIs and then stopped using SW's Engineering tools, but I digress).  Sometime in the last 5 years or so however, SW has gone from a maker of quality (but crappy looking) engineering tools to a marketing company.  In 4 years we've had 5 different sales teams.  The focus has obviously switched from tools to sales.  Of course those of us who are requesting basic features get ignored because we don't represent as much revenue as a new customer.  It's as simple as that.  You know, "why should I have two blowout preventers when one borked one works most of the time?"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

In the name of all that is holy please figure out how to graph information from multiple nodes on a single graph.

I too also liked the ugly tools.  They do what I want and that's why I bought them.  This workplace studio thing isn't something I asked for or expected and I have tried it several times but it feels too bulky.  I hope SW never gets rid of the individual lightweight tools. 

SW should do what they feel is best for their business.  I believe our Orion maintenance has been expired for at least 6 months.  I think the powers that be didn't feel that there was much there for us in version 10.  The multiple pollers in one graph issue is the top of our list.

0 Kudos