cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jspanitz
Level 14

Re: Multiple pollers - one graph

+1.  This and multiple guages from different nodes on the same page would allow NPM to finally have true "dashboard" functionality.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
eliortizl
Level 9

We are Solarwinds Reseller and many of our customers have asked about this feature. I'll definetly have to add us to the list of folks asking for this one!

Any plans on including it on the short term?

0 Kudos
tbilan
Level 8

Multiple graphs are definitely needed.

I'd like to stack the same UnDP across multiple nodes into a summary chart.  I can't seem to get this to work correctly using the Universal Device Poller Chart.

0 Kudos
MarieB
Level 13

Hi All--

This has been marked for the PM to review.

M

0 Kudos
surprenant
Level 7

I agree.  This "feature" has been a standard in open-source network monitoring applications for over 10 years.   The lack of this "feature" among others in a high end product like Orion was unimaginable.  I expected that the charts to be much more configurable.  I find it disappointing. Please work on this.

0 Kudos
majpain98
Level 7

I agree with all the above posts.  I have been asking for this feature as well for the last two years.  I am disappointed that SolarWinds hasn't caught on by now.

Anyone from SolarWinds wish to comment on when we can expect this feature?

0 Kudos
tbilan
Level 8

From a use case perspective, I collect signal strength for our cell backup through a SNMP custom poller.  Right now I have to click on each router to see this information.  I'd love to have a composite graph on the home page that shows me this information so I can see quickly if any of them are above or below what we feel is our acceptable norm. 

Another thing I'd like to be able to do is pin the scale down.  We graph RSSI values and they range from -60 to -125 and Orion seems to be stuck on the idea that the graph must include the value 0 so instead of scaling them from -50ish to -130ish it scales it from 0 to -130 so half of the graph is always empty  (but at least it graphs it...)

0 Kudos
kirbini
Level 7

My sales rep told me to expect this feature early next year.  However, that was in late 2007 so you can I'd take any dates with a large grain of salt.  Apparently it's more important for Solar Winds to come out with new tools and gain new customers rather than honor the repeated requests of existing customers.

Of course, I'm no longer in the "existing" category (found something cheaper and so far better) so you can chalk my complaints up to sour grapes.

0 Kudos
byrona
Level 21

From a use case perspective, I collect signal strength for our cell backup through a SNMP custom poller.  Right now I have to click on each router to see this information.  I'd love to have a composite graph on the home page that shows me this information so I can see quickly if any of them are above or below what we feel is our acceptable norm. 

Another thing I'd like to be able to do is pin the scale down.  We graph RSSI values and they range from -60 to -125 and Orion seems to be stuck on the idea that the graph must include the value 0 so instead of scaling them from -50ish to -130ish it scales it from 0 to -130 so half of the graph is always empty  (but at least it graphs it...)

Just as an FYI on this specific case, it is possible to put all of those graphs onto a single page/dashboard.  I realize that isn't the same as in a single graph which I also would like to see but I though it might help.

0 Kudos
bluesk1d
Level 8

Agree 100% Please address this and the many other shortcomings that make it next to ridiculous to spend money on Solarwinds over the many much more capable free products.

0 Kudos