bshopp Product Manager
Product Manager

Re: Multiple pollers - one graph

Noted, added you as well to enhancement

0 Kudos
KGaudineer
Level 7

I was directed to this post to add my name with everyone eleses for multiple pollers in one chart....  This would also be a nice feature for us.....

0 Kudos
uscallesen
Level 9

We're eagerly awaiting this functionality as well ! 

0 Kudos
DirtySouth
Level 13

I would like to see this as well. In addition, it would be great if we could combine multiple custom poller gauges into a single resource. This would free up a lot of space on a Node Details page.

0 Kudos
kirbini
Level 7

Hear Hear!!  I've been asking for this feature from our sales staff since we became an Orion customer nearly 3 years ago.  Everytime I get "wait for the next release" which I do and am always disappointed.

I too come form a MRTG/Cacti background and see putting multiple values on a single chart as trivial, basic, and vital.

This missing yet basic feature, along with the missing ability to create ad hoc tables from polled data (seriously?) are pushing us away from Orion quickly.  Our maintenance is up next month and frankly, we're considering not re-upping.   2+ years is simply too long to wait for what are standard features in nearly all other monitoring tools.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
denny.lecompte
Level 19

We hear you.  It's something we plan to do.

0 Kudos
pserwe
Level 12

After 6 months, that might mean something.  It's been nearly two years that I've been asking for it, and in discussions about Network Management, the shortcomings of Orion are beginning to mean something.  If I have to maintain another system to get the functionality I need, or multiple other systems to get the data displayed the way I need to to be and alerted on, there's little point in maintaining the not-so-terribly inconsiderable investment in SolarWinds' software.

This is merely one of many long-outstanding necessary features that exist elsewhere for SolarWinds' to see as a guideline for necessary feature development.  I can honestly say there aren't any enhancements in 9.x that have anything to do with my business needs, and it may be time to make a business decision.  For the moment, the lack of functionality is merely annoying, shortly, it will be debilitating and require action, I'd suspect by the end of 2010.

For the record, lack of multiple pollers on one graph merely makes it painful to see the data, I still have all the data, and I can see it, if I scroll through enough slow-loading graphs.  There are other considerably more pressing concerns when it comes to NMS data, custom pollers on a graph is merely one of many, and probably #5 or 6 on the critical list.

Peter

0 Kudos

I will add you to the existing enhancement request

1+

Is this feature in v10?

0 Kudos
bshopp Product Manager
Product Manager

No this is not in v10, but on the list to add

0 Kudos
deanmhorgan
Level 7

Another vote for this feature here, along with the ability to easily add statistics of a number of load balanced interfaces together to represent the total traffic in one graph. We have active/active links to our WAN but a single bandwidth limit applied at the carrier, to be able to report and alert on this statistic we have to resort to alternative open source platforms - seriously, get it sorted

0 Kudos