This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Multiple Node Interfaces in a single Report

I've been asked to produce a report for the Utilisation of all our WAN links and thought the new Reporting engine would be perfect for this but I'm struggling with being able to get all the interfaces from 6 different nodes onto the same graph.

Can anyone give me any pointers on how to achieve this?

Thanks

Jon

• Hi Jon,

here are some steps how to do that:

1. Create new report

2. Select  Custom Chart

3. Change selection method to Specific Objects (static selection)

4. Change Show dropdown to Interfaces

5. Interfaces should be grouped by nodes so choose appropriate nodes and their interfaces will be automatically added to the selected list

6. Add to layout, add data series with property you want to graph

Hope this helps,

Zbynek Botlo

• Thanks, that worked a treat.

I've another issue, I've created the report and just creating the resource I've selected filter by showing only limited number of top records currently set to 5 but when I preview the resource it still shows all 12 interfaces and not the top 5.

Am I missing something or step?

• Hello Jon,

it is working for us internally.

Do you need filter TOP 5 interfaces on chart?

Could you please check settings on that graph/chart?

Are you using "Show only limited number of top records"?

Could you please post screenshot with wrong number of interfaces on graph with edit page of that graph.

Thanks a lot for cooperation

• See below how the resource is configured with a filter for limiting to top 5 interfaces.

ScreenHunter_33 Aug. 13 08.06.jpg

Below what the reports displays

ScreenHunter_34 Aug. 13 08.09.jpg