This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Moving Solarwinds NPM running in a VmWare Environment

Hi All,

We have a client, that install Solarwinds NPM and NCM in a VmWare environment. They wanted to move/migrate it to another location (from one site to another) and they want to know if the license will be affected if we migrate it to another location (with this set-up the IP address will also change). Do we need to contact tech support for license reset/transfer? In migrating VmWare, we will copy the whole image of the Server and our only worry is if it will affect the license. And also, do we need to rediscover the nodes/devices discovered?

Thank You!

Raquel
  • From what I have seen, as long as the hostname stays the same, then the polling assignments won't get messed up, so no rediscovery or anything needed.

What version of NPM? 10.x? If so, then the license should be no problem.  I am not sure if there is anything with any different versions, but I don't think so.

You will also need to reconfigure all the snmp agent to accept from the new IP address of the Orion server.

oh, if the license did get messed up, it would turn into a demo license that gives you an unrestricted license for at least 30 days to get the license resolved.