Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 12

Moved install to a new server - NPM thinks I have two pollers

Jump to solution

This is really disconcerting...

I installed NPM 9.5 to a new server the other day, a vmware guest.  It turns out that NPM needed more horsepower, so we migrated the install to a new physical server.

Now, Orion's website shows the nodes I spent the last few days setting up, but running the system manager and clicking on each of the nodes tells me that all of my assigned pollers are on the original server.

Ack! Is there any way to move all of my alerts, nodes, and ALL other settings to the 'new' server?  I used the same database name, so I'm kind of at a loss for words.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 17

Try this -

1. Click Start > All Programs > SolarWinds Orion > Advanced Features > Orion Service Manager.
Note: Confirm that you stop the SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor Service on all polling engines.
2. Click Start > All Programs > SolarWinds Orion > Advanced Features > Monitor Polling Engines.
3. Click Servers > Poller Load Balancing, and then select the nodes you want to reassign.
Note: Use Shift + click to highlight multiple consecutive rows, and use Ctrl + click to highlight multiple non-consecutive rows.
4. Click Polling Engines > Move Selected Nodes to *, substituting the target polling engine for *. The node is reassigned, and it reflects the name of the polling engine in the polling engine column.
5. Click Start > All Programs > SolarWinds Orion > Advanced Features > Orion Service Manager to restart Orion NPM services.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 19

Take a look at the Reassigning Nodes section of this doc.

http://www.solarwinds.com/support/Orion/docs/OrionServerMigration.pdf

Level 17

Try this -

1. Click Start > All Programs > SolarWinds Orion > Advanced Features > Orion Service Manager.
Note: Confirm that you stop the SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor Service on all polling engines.
2. Click Start > All Programs > SolarWinds Orion > Advanced Features > Monitor Polling Engines.
3. Click Servers > Poller Load Balancing, and then select the nodes you want to reassign.
Note: Use Shift + click to highlight multiple consecutive rows, and use Ctrl + click to highlight multiple non-consecutive rows.
4. Click Polling Engines > Move Selected Nodes to *, substituting the target polling engine for *. The node is reassigned, and it reflects the name of the polling engine in the polling engine column.
5. Click Start > All Programs > SolarWinds Orion > Advanced Features > Orion Service Manager to restart Orion NPM services.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 12

Thanks a lot, guys - I figured this out by experimenting with random applications, and I'm quite pleased I found it.  In my exploratory credit, I even found it before the forum replies!

Even my alerts were migrated over, so I'm quite pleased right now.

Regards,

JP

0 Kudos