cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Moved Orion 8 to new server, website issues

I moved our Orion 8 from a Windows 2000 server to a new 2003 server. Everything went well but now I cannot view the website. I get the following error from IIS:

HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials

Its been awhile since I setup the website portion of the software... did I just miss a step or do I have other issues?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Level 7

Trye this: right click over "My computer" -> Manager then:

Management\IIS  righ click over "Web Sites" -> "Directory Security" ->"Autentication and.."  -> add a local user (adminitrator if you want)

0 Kudos
Level 7

I dont get the error anymore, now I get a login prompt and no matter what windows account I try to use it just comes back to the login prompt.

The documentation talks about the first time you try to login it will prompt you for admin account password. I dont get this. Since this is not a new setup but a moved database is there something missing from the old system?

Something is just not right and I cant figure it out.
0 Kudos
Level 17

quote:Originally posted by mlinval

No domain and it is the primary. Are there any negatives to me just shutting everything down, delete the existing website and re-creating it?

There is no problem in overwriting the website when you re-run the config. wizard.

This 401.1 error message could appear when the SolarWinds Orion NPM homepage is not started or another web page is running on the same IP Address and Port. Look in IIS Manager and make sure the Orion website is started and is the only website running on the designated IP Address and Port.

Mark Wiggans
SolarWinds Support
0 Kudos
Level 7

No domain and it is the primary. Are there any negatives to me just shutting everything down, delete the existing website and re-creating it?
0 Kudos
Level 7

Sounds like the new server is on a domain.
0 Kudos

in my case. it is on a domain.

I check permissions, i add full permssion to all users, include my user "domain\myuser"

and nothing

thanks

0 Kudos
Level 7

been a while for me too, but check your admin tools -> iis manager -> verify the solarwinds site is primary.
right click on solarwinds instance and check permissions...?
0 Kudos