This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Monitoring the monitoring system

Hello All,

I've tried to take a look at the different forums and the Solarwinds support page but haven't seen any entries on if anyone has found an efficient way of monitoring the Orion application. Or maybe I just happened to miss it...

My company has two different instances of Solarwinds Orion running and they happen to monitor each other. Basically if one of the main services stop working on one of the application servers, the other one can see that and send out an SMS alert out to our technicians. We are consolidating down to a single instance of Solarwinds Orion so now I have to try to find a way to possibly monitor the single application server. Is this at all possible with the single Orion or does anyone know of any cost effective way of monitoring the application server?

Thanks,

Brian