This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Monitoring some remote servers

We are readdressing the ability to monitor some servers that are in a remote network.  While it is an option to create a VPN tunnel, we want to evaluate our other options as well.  Setting up the EOC and another Orion server is too costly and way overkill for our needs.  I noticed, however, that the EOC information page under the "deployment" tab ( http://www.solarwinds.com/products/orion/eoc/deployment.aspx ) there is a graphic that shows a poller appearing to be designated to a second network.  Would this be a possible solution where a set of nodes are monitored using a second poller located in the remote network, and passing information to the Orion Server?  I appreciate your thoughts.

• You could certainly have a second poller out on your remote network to monitor nodes. The caveat is going to be sending the polling data back across the link to your database. SolarWinds won't recommend it, but as long as you kept the load on the remote poller down I think you could pull it off.