This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Monitoring Cisco ACI - Polling engine in or out of the ACI fabric?

Question for the network THWACK'ers

We are building new remote locations which will be using a new Cisco ACI infrastructure, the location will have in and out of fabric network segments and I've been asked which of the two i want my Orion polling engines deployed.

I can't see any documentation or other discussions on best practises so need some guidance on which option i should go with plus and minus of each so i can make the right decision.

Appreciate the feedback.

• I think it would primarily boil down to the specifics of how that network will be built.   If the in and out segments can both talk to each other then just put the poller closer to where the majority of the devices live (probably in fabric if this is a network centric instance).  If the networks can't easily route then you could also do multiple nics on the Orion server so the traffic just goes out the appropriate interface depending on where the endpoints can be accessed.