This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Missing Interface Stats

I have been attempting to run min/max/average util stats report against a Cisco 6500 I have imported into NPM. I have added all interfaces and ensured I have selected interface avail, traffic and error statics.

However when I run said report against the node, the only interfaces I see are the SPAN interfaces? Does anyone know why this is? I can see a current percent utilization stats in the node overview page but when trying to creat a cusotm report via the web gui all I see is SPAN interfaces.

Hope someone can help!

Thanks

• Are you monitoring all the interfaces in NPM?

• I can see current interface throughput when viewing node details in NPM. I presume this means Im monitoring in NPM? I have ensured interfaces are selected when listing node details and selected interface avail, traffic and error statics under each interface.

Any advise greatly appreciated.

• Can you please post up your report details. Looks like you're monitoring the interface but the report is not looking at the correct interface.

• So I can run a avg and peak interface stat reports for last month and have all interface stats listed however I only need interface stats for a single node and have created a report min/max/avg interface stat report against said node, but only see Null0 interfaces?? I'm a noob at this solarwinds lark so perhaps I'm running incorrect reports? I can believe there is no easy way to get historical interface stats or am i missing something?

Avg and Peak Interface Stats_Last Month.JPG

Min Max Avg.png

• When you click on any of those GigabitEthernet interfaces in your report, it takes you to the same Null0 interface graph? If that's the case, it seems as though if this a report you built, the details URLs for the interfaces are not configured properly for some reason. Can you screenshot the report criteria?

• When I click on any of the interfaces Im taken to detailed interface stats page for said interface so back end mapping looks ok. I guess its just the way Im compiling the report. Whats the best way to run a report against a node (cisco 6500 with lots of gig interfaces) which includes all interfaces monitored by NPM?

Its worth noting I'm attempting to run the reoprt via the web gui report builder and selecting min/max/avg bps or % util with the same end result.

I'm going through the report builder function in the web gui, selecting create report, adding min/max/avg bps or % util interface report, selecting the node I want to run this against. Im not given an option to select interface stats so presumed it would select all???

Am I doing something wrong when compiling the report?

report criteria.png