cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Migrate To New Primary Poller

Jump to solution

What are the steps to migrating to a new Primary Poller in a different subnet.  This needs to be a complete new system since, besides moving to a new subnet, we need to upgrade the operating systems.  I currently have the Primary Poller and about five Remote Pollers. If I stand up a Remote Poller, can I migrate/convert it to being a Primary Poller and then uninstall everything from the original Primary Poller and delete the server?

Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 14

Hello John,

You'll want to review these guides:

Orion Platform Migration Guide

Migrate SolarWinds Orion products to a new server with a new IP or hostname

There's no mechanism really to promote an APE to a primary server, so the second guide specifically takes you through doing the install, truncating necessary tables and running the configuration wizard.

Note: You usually want to upgrade to the latest first where possible (preferably), or you will need to install the older version (that matches what you have currently) and then upgrade post migration. You can't usually upgrade from an older version to a newer version.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 14

Hello John,

You'll want to review these guides:

Orion Platform Migration Guide

Migrate SolarWinds Orion products to a new server with a new IP or hostname

There's no mechanism really to promote an APE to a primary server, so the second guide specifically takes you through doing the install, truncating necessary tables and running the configuration wizard.

Note: You usually want to upgrade to the latest first where possible (preferably), or you will need to install the older version (that matches what you have currently) and then upgrade post migration. You can't usually upgrade from an older version to a newer version.

View solution in original post