This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Might I suggest a UX interview for sales

I really enjoyed and thought valuable the UX on reporting.  Based on a secondary conversation on that call and some of the posts I have seen on Thwack, I think you all need a UX to address your sales team.

I just sent a detailed email to our regional sales manager.

For as awesome as this company is in Marketing, Support, Product Management and this community, your sales is the worst run organization I have experienced in 23 years in the business.

• I couldn't agree more.  I've posted about this previously, I've sent feedback to the sale staff I hear from, and even got some assurances that they would be looking to restructure.  That was about two years ago.  Fast forward to 2013:  I hear from two different sales staff members about NTM, offering two different discount levels, directing questions about sales to different generic e-mail addresses.  Further, I get a discount code extended this week to 4/12, and was told yesterday that they could not extend it further than this week.  We have a fairly arduous PO process, so 2-3 days doesn't help my very much.  Today I get a generic e-mail follow-up stating that they haven't heard from me recently, but they've extended my discount until 4/16.

I don't know what happened in less than 24 hours, but this extremely bothersome for us.  We've got a pretty large Orion installation with multiple polling engines, many engineer's toolsets, and a few other products.  Overall, we've been happy with Solarwinds products, especially considering their value against other popular solutions.  I just can't understand how the sales structure is still run this way and really wish some efforts to change it were being put into motion (or, if in motion, were being seen by customers).

Geoffrey

• As always, thank you for the feedback.  I'm so sorry that I just saw this thread today, a mere 5 months after you both posted.  Has anything gotten better with this recently, or not?  Please, let us know.  And--my direct email is kellie.mecham@solarwinds.com.  Feel free to email me, too.  Either channel of communication is fine. 

• Got it, passing it up. Thank you for caring enough to let us know.